Monday, October 22, 2012

With Lovely Company

with lovely company

by Laura Harrison



I just got comfortable
now its happening again
I can't understand if you're a lover
or just my new best friend

And as much as I love, I can't figure your response
or the way my heart's reacting, as we swiftly changed the course

I have a burning desire, to know what this love means
because it transcends everything, that I've ever seen
ever felt ever known, ever been told about,
I feel like I'm starting fresh, like some sort of scout,
exploring new terrain,
the mountains of the heart,
and learning from the universe what love is truly about.

I understand the learning relationship of the lover-friend,
that's what I've been given lots of,
and i'm not ungrateful, but then
is it selfish to want eventually,
to find a partner, someone that wants to be with me?

I don't expect forever, but I would like today,
and maybe a year or two
to encourage each other's way,

I'm not seeking another half,
because I'm already whole,
I want an equal in all ways,
not to lose myself in the role,
just someone who wants to play,
who also keeps it deep,
so we can cherish each other,
and snuggle when we sleep..

love is amazing, a truly sacred thing,
its just like inspiration,
because it comes when it comes,
and leaves when it leaves,
and there's nothing you can do but choose to ride the wave to shore,
or sit on your hands and choose to ignore
the gift you've been given
the opportunity
to figure out just who you are
with lovely company

I just got comfortable
now its happening again
I can't understand if you're a lover
or just my new best friend
But speak your mind my dear,
make sure you speak your heart
or else you lose your chance
and I can't be waiting on what you may do
or figure out your part

the time is now, here we are,
and if you really love me, then make it clear
I can't be held responsible
because you are held back by your fear

so don't hestitate
because if you do,
then our time has expired, and I can't be to blame
because I was open, my heart was yours,
and you made the choice to alter the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment